We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience with our clients.
Senior Technical Consultant
About Pure IT:
We provide the highest level of technical expertise and problem solving possible for our clients and this only comes as a result of our drive for continuous learning, innovation, team approach, and client dedication. We’re so passionate about this that we look for proactive ways to help our clients through technology and fabulous support making recommendations based on saving customers time and money and providing our customers with excellent infrastructure that is rock solid and supports their business objectives. We pride ourselves in being open – openly communicating with each other at all levels including having a real open door policy and including team members in decision making. We believe in supporting the success of our team members and the innovation and creativity we embrace from our team members allows us to achieve continued success. Team isn’t just a word around here, it’s our way of doing business and building success. We love to grow and develop our team members so that we can promote them and support them in every stage of their growth.
You are a geek at heart who loves to talk with people and you have a passion for customer service. Others describe this as your natural approach to your work. You love cutting edge technology and think its fun to work with and learn about new and innovative technologies and products. As a result, you thrive in a continuous growth environment, love project work, and take control of your own continuous learning. You take pride in handling customer issues quickly, consistently follow-up to ensure they’re satisfied and you maintain strong relationships with your fellow team members and clients. Taking the stress out of IT management for your clients gives you great pride knowing that your work allows your client to focus on their core business. Collaborative environments are where you really shine and you enjoy bringing your ideas forward and seeing them come to reality and seeing them support your team and clients in new ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting our clients’ IT systems.
- Determine client’s IT requirements and design appropriate on-premises and/or cloud based solutions.
- Audit, assess and document clients’ IT infrastructure, processes and procedures and make recommendations for improving them.
- Manage and execute IT infrastructure projects.
- Provide remote and on-site support for clients’ IT systems.
- Pre sales client assessments
- On boarding new clients
- Mentor technical staff and provide escalation support
- Proven track record in designing, implementing and documenting on-premises and/or cloud based IT solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication and follow up skills
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively under pressure with minimum supervision
- Professionally mature with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player focused on delivering an excellent customer service experience
- Punctual and dependable
- Goal and results oriented
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Committed to continuous education and personal development
MCSE (Server Infrastructure) or MCITP (Server Administrator) Certification – must have or must be actively working towards such a certification
- Technical diploma or degree – preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience (where applicable) installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting the following is essential:
- Windows server operating systems – 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Virtualization technologies – Hyper-V, VMware
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365 suite of technologies
- Office 365 suite of technologies
- Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Office 365 Hosted Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Server
- Windows desktop operating systems – Windows 7/8/10
- Backup solutions such as Datto and Veeam, etc.
- Networking protocols and equipment (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP routers, firewalls, switches, VLANs, etc.)
- Sophos Endpoint Protection, firewall and related security products
- HP and/or Dell server hardware
- IaaS virtualized cloud Servers, networks, firewalls
- UPS technologies
- Experience with the following would be an asset:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Citrix XenApp and ShareFile
- Disaster Recovery
- High availability solutions
- iSCSI and Fiber channel SANs
- NAS solutions
- Microsoft System Center Suite
We offer an attractive compensation package, including salary, benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, disability, vacation and personal days.
If these attributes describe you, please send us your resume and cover letter indicating your availability and salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you!